- What: Sahara Desert Trek
- When: 4th – 9th November 2021
- Challenge Duration: 6 days
- Challenge Distance: Approx. 17 – 21 hours of trekking
- Challenge Grading: Challenging
About The Challenge
New to our calendar for 2021 – trek for Cornwall Air Ambulance and experience the beauty of one of the most breathtaking and largest deserts in the world – The Sahara!
Our charity challenge is to trek for four days through this ever-changing landscape and to climb to the top of the massive Chegaga Dunes, where we will witness the desert sunrise. The days will be hot and the trekking will be tough, but ‘Team GAC’ with our unrivalled support will help all team members conquer this mammoth desert! Vista’s as far as the eye can see combined with the pleasure of having the volcanic Anti-Atlas Mountains as our backdrop – need we say more!
‘Witness the sun rise in the Sahara – creating memories for a lifetime!’
With traditional Berbers as our guides we’ll experience the delights of Morocco first hand, in addition to being mesmerised by the remoteness and solitude that the Sahara brings. If you want to take part in one of the most fantastic charity events but have limited time to take away from the UK, this most unique trek challenge is for you.
So join us as we conquer the Sahara!
Funding The Challenge
For all of our challenges you will be offered two funding options; these have been detailed for you below:
Minimum Sponsorship – This option means that the cost of your challenge is included in your fundraising target. You must raise the minimum amount set for the challenge which includes the cost and a donation for the charity; any additional funds raised above the target will be an additional donation for the charity. When you sign up for the challenge you will be asked to pay a non-refundable registration fee directly to Global Adventure Challenges. You will be asked to commit to raising the minimum sponsorship and sign a fundraising agreement by the charity. All of your sponsorship money will be paid to the charity who will be invoiced for the cost of your challenge. We ask that 80% of your sponsorship is received approximately 10 weeks before departure. We then ask that the remaining 20% is received no later than 4 weeks following your return from the challenge. You will receive full support from the charity to assist you with your fundraising, including advice, inspiration, materials and regular updates.
Self-Funding – This option enables you to fund the entire challenge yourself, meaning you do not have to commit to raising a set amount. When you sign up for your challenge you will be asked to pay a non-refundable registration fee directly to Global Adventure Challenges, and you will then be invoiced for remaining balance 10 weeks prior to departure. The balance will need to be paid no later than 8 weeks before departure. As a charity we would like to encourage you to raise as much as possible to support Cornwall Air Ambulance and help us continue to save lives. You will receive full support from the charity to assist you with your fundraising, including advice, inspiration, materials and regular updates.
- Registration Fee £175
- Minimum Sponsorship £1874
- Registration Fee £175
- Self-Funding £937
You can download our fundraising pack with advice and information here: Challenge Fundraising Pack
For a full itinerary and brochure of this fantastic challenge: Sahara Desert Trek Brochure
Register for the challenge here! (Remember to select Cornwall Air Ambulance as your chosen charity)
If you have any further questions please contact Sarah Walker on firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.