The Great Cornish Cream Tea with Cornwall Air Ambulance is returning for 2020 to celebrate National Cream Tea Day on Friday 26th June.
With the ongoing pandemic, circumstances are a little strange for us all this year – but in true Cornish style we don’t want to let this date pass uncelebrated so you are invited to enjoy a Brew For Our Crew and host your very own cream tea event to fundraise for Cornwall Air Ambulance whilst adhering to the current social distancing guidelines.
Download your fundraising pack here which should give you all the information you need about how to create your very own event from home and fundraise, to help us keep the crew saving lives in Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly. The pack contains lots of information, posters, bunting, fliers and of course recipe cards to make sure those scones are just perfect! There is information about how you and your guests can donate and how to get money fundraised to the charity.
Because things are a little different in 2020 we want to encourage you to get a little creative and try some different ideas, for example:
- Video call your friends and family or even your favourite community group to have a much needed catch up whilst you enjoy your cream tea – you could even bake your scones whilst on the call to see whose scones rise the best!
- Enjoy a natter and a scone in your front garden with the neighbours
- – get the whole street involved and have a baking competition.
- Get the office involved – if you are having weekly Zoom meetings with your team, invite your colleagues to donate a couple of pounds and enjoy a virtual cream tea together in your next meeting – just make sure the all put the jam on first!
- Get the kids involved with their classmates and have some fun– what about asking for donations to give them an online baking lesson and all enjoy some jam and cream with your finished bakes!
There are so many ways to be a part of this fun event so please get involved. This year take a look at our Facebook event online where share your ideas, recipes, photos and videos – we want to see your fabulous cream teas and raise a brew for the crew!
Please remember to let us know if you are taking part so that we can ensure you receive updates after the event along with a fundraising total and thank you email. Email Sarah Walker on email@example.com