Conquer mighty mountains, dense forest and take in those once-in-a-lifetime views with a Cornwall Air Ambulance 2018 challenge event.
For 2018 Cornwall Air Ambulance has introduced a new structure to its challenge events. The Three Peaks Challenge will be run as the main challenge event, plus the charity is offering you the chance to take part in a global challenge event in aid of Cornwall Air Ambulance.
This is your opportunity to tick goals off your bucket list and experience some of the world’s most iconic landscapes, while supporting the life-saving charity.
Becky Wise, Senior Fundraising Officer at Cornwall Air Ambulance, said ‘’Challenge events are a fantastic and fun way to fundraise for the charity. You could experience some of the world’s most incredible sights, while helping to save lives throughout Cornwall.’’
‘’We have organised extraordinary challenges which offer unforgettable experiences. We’re inviting you to triumph the three peaks in just 24 hours, trek the Great Wall of China, summit Mount Kilimanjaro, or cycle from coast to coast of Costa Rica.’’
The following challenges are now open and accepting sign-ups:
- Take on the UK’s three tallest peaks in 24 hours for the Three Peaks Challenge
- Conquer the 5,895 metres of the world’s highest free-standing mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro on a stunning 7-day trek through Africa.
- Discover the lost city of Machu Picchu on an incredible 5-day trek through Peru.
- Cycle through the tropics of Costa Rica from coast to coast on a 286-mile 7-day adventure.
- Trek the Great Wall of China on an unforgettable 5-day trip.
- Cycle from coast to coast exploring the beauty of the UK on a 136-mile trip from the Irish sea to Tynemouth.
Lynnette Hollett took part in the Three Peaks Challenge earlier this year, and said ‘’It was an absolutely brilliant experience. It wasn’t easy, but hugely rewarding and the scenery was stunning.’’
‘’Knowing that it was all in aid of Cornwall Air Ambulance, and forming friendships along the way was what kept me going. I’m so glad I did it, and would recommend anyone to consider doing the same.’’
To find out more about the challenges and to sign up, visit https://cornwallairambulancetrust.org/get-involved/challenges/ or you can call 01637 889926 or email email@example.com.